Tower Bridge Tax Practice
In-House Tax Training
Within any legal firm, financial institution, and in-house legal department the basic framework of the UK tax system should be properly understood. However UK tax should not be overly complicated in the explanation and review process – what is needed are clear explanations of all the relevant issues and keeping up with the tax legislation.
We provide in-house training on a regular basis to UK law firms which have no tax expertise, to foreign law firms who operate in the UK and which may have foreign clients operating in the UK, to UK in-house lawyers, and to employment departments, property departments and corporate departments within UK based organisations.
We visit clients’ premises and can provide written training manuals. We will remain available for follow up queries.
Our areas of expertise include but are not limited to the following:-
- Transactional work including buying and selling businesses and companies, acting for either the buyer, sellers or advisors to the transaction
- Negotiating tax deeds and warranties in share sales and business sales, and listings
- Advising on tax-related issues on corporate restructuring and associated matters and applying for clearance
- Providing tax advice relating to limited liability partnerships (“LLPs”)
- Providing advice on issues relating to EIS and VCTs and applying for clearances
- Relevant UK taxes include corporation tax, capital gains tax, VAT, stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax (“SDRT”), taxation of interest, withholding taxes, capital allowances, PAYE, NIC and issues relating to self-assessment
- Enterprise Incentive Schemes (“EIS”) and Venture Capital Trusts (“VCT”)