+44 (0) 207 407 9899 eile@towerbridgetax.com
Tower Bridge Tax Practice

Tower Bridge Tax Practice

Residence and Domicile Tax Issues

It is not an exageration to state that the UK law relating to residence and domicile is now a minefield, following recent changes in legislation to the domicile rules.  All individuals who were born outside the United Kingdom and who live in the UK (whether short term visitors or longer term residents) should take UK tax advice about their personal affairs.  A person’s residence and domicile can affect their capital gains tax position, their inheritance tax, and taxation of any offshore income and capital which they may earn.

We advise individuals on tax issues which arise when they come to or leave the UK (for employment or otherwise), residency and domicile issues, and  cross-border employment issues.  Recent instructions have included providing advice on social security rights and benefits for EU and non-EU workers coming to and leaving the UK; advising on legitimate tax efficient savings available for UK resident but non-UK domiciled persons; and advising on the new remittance rules for ‘non-doms’.

We liaise with overseas tax council and UK based accountants when required.