Tower Bridge Tax Practice
UK Corporate Tax services
We provide UK corporate tax advice to other legal firms and accounting professionals who may not have the relevant in-house tax expertise, as well as contracting directly with corporate clients, always aiming to provide good value at reasonable costs.
When assisting in corporate transactions, providing stand alone tax advice is rarely good enough as each deal involves a range of commercial issues for the parties, all of which a good tax advisor must consider from a tax perspective. We pride ourselves in providing relevant and targeted advice to our clients and during any negotiations aim to ensure that all our client’s issues are properly protected.
Recent instructions included advice relating to and drafting of loan notes; advising an overseas corporation looking to start up business operations in the UK, in respect of PAYE and VAT; drafting commercial service agreements for an international organisation to cover UK tax issues; negotiation and agreeing tax warranties and the tax indemnity in the purchase of a company acting for a VCT investor; advising a foreign corporation looking to set up a business in the UK on UK corporation tax issues; acting for sellers in the sale of a UK company; and advising on transfers of assets to a corporate buyer.
We liaise closely with our client’s corporate advisors and aim to work as an essential member of the team, remaining available at all times during any transaction.
We are also there to take instructions to ensure that all post-completion matters relating to tax are properly dealt with.
Our areas of expertise include but are not limited to the following:-
- Transactional work including buying and selling businesses and companies, acting for either the buyer, sellers or advisors to the transaction
- Negotiating tax deeds and warranties in share sales and business sales, and listings
- Advising on tax-related issues on corporate restructuring and associated matters and applying for clearance
- Providing tax advice relating to limited liability partnerships (“LLPs”)
- Providing advice on issues relating to EIS and VCTs and applying for clearances
- Relevant UK taxes include corporation tax, capital gains tax, VAT, stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax (“SDRT”), taxation of interest, withholding taxes, capital allowances, PAYE, NIC and issues relating to self-assessment
- Enterprise Incentive Schemes (“EIS”) and Venture Capital Trusts (“VCT”)