Tower Bridge Tax Practice
UK Employment-related Tax Services
Employment-related tax represents one of the most important costs for corporations and other employers in the UK. We advise both employers and employees, including but not limited to issues of employment contracts, compromise agreements, redundancies, breach of contracts, personal service companies (IR35) issues, managed service companies, agencies, the operation of PAYE & NIC, and other related taxation issues.
Employers have strict responsibilities under PAYE and the correct tax advice may not be the answer a client is looking for. However, our view is that a client can’t afford to get its employment tax liabilities wrong and therefore when providing advice we endeavour to find an acceptable solution.
Recent instructions have included advising individuals on PAYE in circumstances when the employer may have transgressed the rules; providing advice on issues relating to directors as employees; advising on and drafting compromise agreements for tax issues; and advising providing services through a personal services company.
Our areas of expertise include but are not limited to the following:-
- Advising on issues arising in respect of tax-free payments under section 401 ITEPA and COP 10 clearances
- Tax issues arising in respect of employee incentive schemes
- Dual employment contracts
- advice relating to individuals coming to work in the UK and leaving the UK
- all tax matters relating to employer obligations under pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) and national insurance contributions (NIC)
- tax issues relating to personal services companies, agencies and managed service companies
- managed service companies